A two day introduction to Magda Gerber's Educaring® Approach for parents and caregivers wanting to expand their knowledge on the approach. The RIE® Basic principles will be covered and talked about in depth including:
- Basic trust in the child to be an initiator, an explorer, and a self-learner
- An environment for the child that is physically safe, cognitively challenging, and emotionally nurturing
- Time for uninterrupted play
-Freedom to explore and interact with other infants
- Involvement of the child in all caregiving activities to allow the child to become an active participant rather than a passive recipient
- Sensitive observation of the child in order to understand his or her needs.
- Consistency and clearly defined limits and expectations to develop discipline
Led by RIE® Associate and mother of two, Jemina Villanueva-Valléean Australian early childhood educator with a Masters in Early Childhood. She has spent close to 20 years nurturing young children and mentoring educators in China and around the globe.